The EC funded "Support to Implementation of the Bulgarian National Innovation Strategy“ Project was designed to support the Bulgarian Public Research Organisations (Universities, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences) with establishment of Technology Transfer Offices. The assignment, in which Irina Nunberger was involved in her capacity of a team-leader, covered the following major tasks:
- Carrying out a Need Assessment Study to establish a competitive Bulgarian research/ innovation system capacity of the existing Public Research Organisations with the purpose of identification of their potential for technology transfer and of their capacity to respond to the business demand for R&D and determination of best models for technology transfer implementation in Bulgaria
- Elaboration of a concept for the structure, activities, tasks, responsibilities, legal basis of the TTOs, according to the best EU practices
- Development of tender documentation for the grant scheme
- Participation in the evaluation process of the PRO’s applications for financing received within the call for proposals
- Development of manuals concerning technology transfer issues and different types of TTOs
- Conducting seminars for enterprises and branch chambers, for information about the tasks and functions that will be performed by the Technology Transfer Offices in the overall framework of the innovation policy.